As one of the top, if not the top, social media platform, Facebook continues to experience explosive growth year over year and offers a tremendous opportunity for dental and medical practice owners.
As a public company, Facebook reports every quarter on the state of its business. Recently they released the data for the third quarter of 2014. Highlights in the report provide even more compelling data on reasons local business owners should add Facebook marketing to their 2015 marketing strategy.
Below are a few of the highlights about Facebook (data as of September 2014).
- Daily active users were an average of 864 million (this is a 19% increase year over year)
- Mobile daily active users was an average of 703 million which accounted for a 39% year over year growth.
- Monthly active users reached 1.35 billion which is an increase of 14% year over year
- Number of monthly mobile users reached an average of 1.12 billion increase which is a 29% increase year over year.
- Globally, 67% of Facebook users are connected with at least one small business
- 29.7% of users (highest percent of users) are 25-34 in age
- 5 new Facebook profiles are created every second
- Facebook users are 53% female and 47% male
- The highest traffic occurs mid-week between 1pm and 3pm
- On Thursday and Friday engagement is 18% higher
The Facebook advertising platform is getting better each day. And if you are not marketing on Facebook you could be missing out on a significant volume of new patient leads.
With 19% active user growth year over year it’s clear that the vast growing number of Facebook users are active and consistent which makes them a promising audience for marketing especially considering that the highest percentage of users are between 25 and 34. Even if you aren’t utilizing Facebook’s extremely targeted and affordable advertising platform, you can still leverage a Facebook business page to promote your practice and keep in touch with current patients.
Knowing which days of the week (Thursday and Friday) are higher in engagement and which times of the week receive the highest volume of traffic (mid-week between 1pm and 3pm) you can make sure that the most important posts and practice updates go out when patients are most likely to see them and share them with their Facebook friends.
Overall, Facebook marketing is an ideal way to get in front of your target patient demographic as well as keep in touch with existing patients.
About Alan Moore: Alan started his career in 1999 as an Marketing Consultant and is the owner of www.ExtraPatients.com. Over the years, he has migrated his focus of expertise to everything digital. His mission is to help you increase your revenues and decrease unproductive advertising expenses through proven, online marketing strategies. He manages over $3,600,000 in yearly marketing budgets and has worked with local businesses, agencies and the US government. Give him a call to schedule a Free Online Marketing Consultation for your practice.
To read more of the article that inspired this blog, please visit:http://www.searchenginejournal.com/facebook-releases-quarlerly-highlights-continues-see-growth-active-users/120828/