Do you find that events for your practice don’t get the attendance numbers you’d like? Wish you could get a full-house of existing and new patients to attend the event and schedule additional treatments at your medical or dental practice?
Promote your event with social media. Boost engagement and attendance at your business event without a huge marketing budget by focusing your event promotion on popular social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram.
If you’re not already a fan of using social media to generate awareness for your medical or dental practice or boost existing patient engagement with your practice, then let the numbers below convince you why you need to use social media to not only promote your events but also boost awareness for your practice. 19% of the world’s population engages with Facebook and the following massive amounts of the population engage with the social media channels below.
- 1 billion people engage with YouTube
- 343 million engage on Google+
- 288 million use Twitter
- 187 million engage with LinkedIn
- 70 million use Pinterest
Based on survey results, Facebook is the most preferred social media channel for promoting events. Before you go “all in” with promoting exclusively on Facebook, analyze your target demographic and then use the social media channels that your target demographic frequents the most to get maximum exposure.
Check out the infographic below by Maximillion to learn which social media channels are the most popular for event promotion as well as some best practices for promoting your event on social media.
Boost your event attendance by trying out some of the following best practices to promote your event.
- Use Facebook ads to remarket to prospects who have been to your website
- Use Facebook ads to target a specific demographic that is ideal for your event
- Create a unified hashtag that you use across all social media channels
- Use Facebook’s call-to-action to drive traffic to your event registration page
- Create a dedicated page on Facebook or your website for the event
- Give away freebies such as free admission to your event or promotional products or offers to people who share/retweet the maximum number of your posts
- Make it easy for people to share information about your events
- Use videos and photos from previous events to create interest
Never have low turnout at your business events again by using social media channels to promote your events.
About Alan Moore: Alan started his career in 1999 as a Marketing Consultant and is the owner of www.ExtraPatients.com. Over the years, he has migrated his focus of expertise to everything digital. His mission is to help you increase your revenues and decrease unproductive advertising expenses through proven, online marketing strategies. He manages over $4,200,000 in yearly marketing budgets and has worked with local businesses, agencies and the US government. Give him a call to schedule a Free Online Marketing Consultation for your practice.
To read more of the article that inspired this blog, please visit:http://www.marketingprofs.com/chirp/2015/27727/social-media-is-the-best-marketer-for-your-events-infographic